Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day 15!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

We received a letter from Sean yesterday (Tuesday) with his travel information. He will fly out on March 31. He has a layover in Seattle and then on to Alaska. I think he is very excited to get to Alaska. I am counting down the days and hours until I receive his phone call from the airport. I hope I don't cry through the entire conversation, especially if he only has a few minutes.

I have been trying to get more information out of him about his daily grind, but he hasn't given to many details. Only that the food is horrible and the rooms are very hot, no air conditioning. He said "I have been sick everyday, so if you have any heart you will send me stuff." So we sent him up a big box of food. He also wanted me to send him white short sleeve shirts (washed of course, he can't wear something new without washing it first - he got that from me). We had only bought long sleeve.....why would we buy short sleeve, he's going to Alaska. Although, Robert told us we should when we were doing his shopping. So Robert loved that he could say "I told you so."

He was also a little upset with me because I had sent him a newspaper article on the Jazz's first game after he had left. I thought he would be happy, but this was his response: "Don't send me news articles of the Jazz when they lose, it's mean." I let him know that I had planned on sending all of them to him, not just the games they lose. I am so thankful that he is still being my Sean, when it comes to stuff like that. I wouldn't want it any other way.

So, other than yucky food and hot rooms, he seems to be doing good. Only one more week and he will be on his way to Alaska.

Thank you for your continued love, support and prayers. I know Sean has loved receiving the letters and goodies you have been sending and we appreciate it too. We love you!

1 comment:

  1. Pam, this blog looks great! We will all love to be able to get updates from Elder Stoker and hear of his success.

    ReplyDelete