Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Miracle has happened!

In the midst of our letters this last week, Jake received an extraordinarily, unexpected letter from his brother. The letter wasn't unexpected, but the content was.

Jake had sent a letter and in part, he told Sean about his basketball plans for next season and that the varsity coach had told him that he had to put some weight on between now and next season. He said, "When you return from your mission I will weigh 200 lbs." Along with some other funny things, he updated him on the status of the Jazz and wished him a safe trip to Alaska.

This is some of what Sean wrote back: "Hey Jake its good to hear from you. That's cool that you are going to be fat when I get back. Are you going to do football as well? You might not think it will, but the more you do, it will prepare you for basketball. That's sweet the Jazz are playing good. I couldn't tell if you said they are .5 games back of 2nd place? But if they are that is sweet. Well I don't have to much time to email today but next week I will be in Alaska so I will tell you all about it....."

I was so surprised....I told Jake that I couldn't remember the last time Sean had ever spoke that kind to him, at least in their later years. Most of you know the love/hate relationship that Sean and Jake have (maybe I can say had). It may not seem like much, but to Robert and I, it was so cool. He was nice, caring, funny and even gave him brotherly advice. It really is a MIRACLE!

2 comments:

  1. Pam, I love Sean's blog. It was fun reading your entries. I am so excited to read more about Sean's journey in the mission field. Love ya! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam, I love the blog too! So fun to read about the letter to Jake!
    I don't know when you'll get this, but I have to come up tomorrow. You want to go to lunch? BUT you can't make me cry!! Call me if see this in time..I have the same cell number as forever. ~Hugs!

    ReplyDelete